More organizations are discovering the advantages of soundproof rack enclosures over dedicated computer rooms. In this section of our website we want to explore the benefits with you and explain why they are such a cost-effective, energy-efficient solution for so many IT situations.
- No need for dedicated server room, IT room, closet or separate space
- No server room Architect or Engineering fees
- No special cooling requirements (except ambient a/c in room)
- Take your silent server racks with you - quiet racks are completely portable
- Silent server rack cabinets are far more energy efficient than dedicated server rooms.
- Many organizations are working to achieve environmental goals in an age of ecological enlightenment. Silent rack enclosures can help achieve these goals.
Why Do You Need Noise Reduction?
- A 5-decibel noise reduction can cut the risk of hearing loss in half - silent rack enclosures can dramtically reduce noisy server and IT equipment.
- Productivity of employees. Prolonged exposure to loud environments (e.g. working next to noisy servers) creates stress and can lead to accidents. Silent server racks are an effective way of reducing server noise without the need to build a dedicated server room.
- Insurance companies are applying pressure to corporations due to hearing loss claims filed under workman's comp laws.
- Government regulations enforced by OSHA, State and local laws.
7 Reasons for Buying a Quiet Rack Cabinet
- Cost-Effective & Green - server rooms are costly to build and run whereas quiet racks offer a fraction of the running costs with minimal initial investment
- Cool - innovative air-flow design for effective thermal performance
- Soundproof - acoustic technologies reduce the noise to an unnoticeable level for a quiet working environment
- Lockable - security features keep your equipment safe
- Easy to Deploy - just plug and go
- Expandable - just add another!
- Portable - easily moved to another room or building
ROI: Quiet Racks or A Dedicated Server Room
Deploying self contained cooling server enclosures instead of converting & cooling entire server rooms saves money (see the real life examples below) and you can save thousands even if you already have a server room.